Annie Halenbake Ross Library
About Ross Library
Activities for those visiting Ross Library include lively monthly book discussions, hands on arts and crafts, an opportunity to exhibit in the Art Gallery, visit the John Sloan Museum and enjoy programs that enrich the PA Forward literacy skills of basic literacy, financial, civic and social literacy, health, information and technology literacy. Visitors should look at the calendar for special events held at the main library in Lock Haven.
Ross Library has available a collection of audio books and music on CD and over 3000 DVD movies; books in fiction and non-fiction and over 60 favorite current magazines like Smithsonian, Time, Sports Illustrated, Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, Rolling Stone, Seventeen and more.
Educators in teaching, along with day care providers and parents of home school students are encouraged to make use of the many resources available in the Entrepreneurship, Business and Finance Collection, Career Collection, Local History Collection, Reference and more.
Organizations and individuals have the choice of several meeting rooms for use in studying, tutoring, planning, group meetings, parties and more. Don’t forget that if the library does not own a title of a book, an Interlibrary Loan can be requested.
Computers and Wi-Fi are available to access the Internet, search social media, or inquire about job resources.
The Clinton County Community Foundation has provided a number of operating grants and collection and equipment grants which have provided resources in genealogy for the local residents and historians through the purchase of microfilm of the local newspapers and microfilm reader-printers.
All Clinton County Libraries are committed to building a strong community through collaboration and service.
- Elevator handicapped accessibility to all three floors of the Library
- Handicapped available restroom to all three floors of the Library
- Handicapped and regular parking is available in the parking lot and on West Main and Third Streets
- Free Wi-Fi on all three floors of the Library
- Genealogy research for a fee
- Test proctoring for a donation
- Community rooms are available for a fee
- Kitchen and stage area available
- Equipment available for use in meeting rooms